Senior Analyst, Stakeholder Engagement Information Management (Calgary)
Communica has an exciting opportunity based in our Calgary office for someone who has developed a career in stakeholder or Indigenous engagement for energy development, preferably through effective information management. As a Senior Analyst you will take pride in your work, be a strong leader and mentor, look after details, think on your feet, and won’t be afraid to offer new ideas and opinions.
About the Role
The Communica Stakeholder Information Management (SIM) team specializes in managing stakeholder and Indigenous information and records from engagement activities. We take pride in ensuring our client’s records are interpreted and recorded in an accurate and timely fashion, and that they receive the reports and analytics they need to support project approvals from provincial and federal regulators. Unique to Communica, SIM is one of the firm’s core competencies with a dedicated team of SIM Analysts.
As a Senior Analyst with Communica you will:
- Meet with client groups to develop a strong understanding of their business requirements as they relate to tracking engagement activities.
- Audit engagement summaries for writing proficiency, accurate information and to identify missing information as per regulatory and/or client business requirements.
- Manage large data sets and reports in Excel, Word and Tableau.
- Train, mentor and provide Analysts and Junior Analysts with advice and guidance on exceptional information management and information entry practices.
- Develop accurate and complete engagement, concern and commitment reports for recurring submission to regulators, as well as additional reports for submission to regulators for project applications.
- Collaborate with Stakeholder Engagement, Communication, and Indigenous Engagement departments on regulatory requirements, as well as the requirements of shared clients.
- Provide ongoing recommendations on engagement tracking processes to enhance operational efficiency and decision making within client project teams.
- Manage the workloads of Analysts and Junior Analysts to ensure client deadlines are met.
Given the role this individual will play in Communica’s continued growth and success, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal characteristics:
Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree or commensurate experience.
- Five to seven years of experience in a regulatory, information management and/or engagement environment within the energy industry.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software.
- Demonstrated time and project management skills.
- Experience with engagement tracking software such as IRIS, Praxis STS, Borealis, Consultation Manager and StakeTracker will be considered an asset.
- Experience with business intelligence software such as Tableau will be considered an asset.
- Driven, results-oriented individual who naturally takes responsibility for achieving results.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, enthusiastic and confident, with good problem-solving skills.
- Self-directed and capable of working within a changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as presentation skills.
- Personable with an ability and desire to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2018. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Communica.