Communica Public Affairs (Communica), with offices in Vancouver and Calgary, is Western Canada’s largest regulatory Indigenous and stakeholder engagement specialist firm. Our company supplies a distinctive suite of engagement, communication and stakeholder information management (SIM) support services to help our clients develop the strategies and plans they need to establish and manage external relationships.
The Position: Manager, Stakeholder Information Management (SIM)
Communica has an exciting opportunity based in Western Canada for someone who has proven abilities managing and supporting information management activities in a professional and innovative environment. The SIM Manager will work with many clients by managing all SIM work at Communica. They will also have a focus on delivering an innovative approach which is distinctive in the marketplace and strategic to the company.
About Stakeholder Information Management (SIM)
The Communica Stakeholder Information Management (SIM) team specializes in managing stakeholder information for projects and operations. This includes communication with impacted parties such as landowners and Indigenous groups and managing concerns and commitments. They specialize in collecting, auditing and recording all this information in a centralized database. From this secure database, the SIM team produces reports detailing all stakeholder engagement activities. This work is primarily driven by regulatory or legal requirements and therefore data quality is of paramount concern. Unique to Communica, SIM is one of the firms’ core competencies with a dedicated team of SIM Analysts.
About the Role
The SIM Manager is responsible for the leadership and management of Communica’s SIM department including achieving strategic and operational goals and objectives for the firm. This includes enhancing revenue and profitability, continually improving productivity and efficiency of the department and supporting innovative solutions for clients.
The Manager oversees, directs, and is accountable for completion of existing client work, and supports the identification and development of new client opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that SIM continues to deliver exceptional client service, as well as contributing at a senior level to the firm’s administration and human resource management needs.
- Responsible for producing high-quality internal reports to demonstrate efficiency and effectiveness of team activities.
- Responsible for producing high-quality external reports to clients for regulatory, legal or internal requirements.
- Work with Engagement Leads to ensure data quality and management.
- Supports requests for proposals and coordinates with other Communica team members in the development of proposals.
- Actively collaborate with senior leadership on strategic initiatives including assisting with marketing and development of the Communica Bundle.
Given the role this individual will play in Communica’s future growth and success, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following experience and personal characteristics:
- Minimum 5 years of information management experience, preferably in a compliance assurance or regulatory capacity.
- Experience with data visualization and other business intelligence skills, in particular related to qualitative data sets.
- Demonstrated experience of working in teams to achieve strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities to meet project deadlines and budgets.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and overseeing quality assurance and data quality processes.
- Demonstrated experience managing and mentoring a team is considered an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of North American regulatory processes for energy, resource development and infrastructures projects is an asset. In particular around public participation.
- Desire to be a leader with an interest in mentoring and managing team members.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A client-driven approach to work.
- Driven and motivated individual who naturally takes responsibility for achieving results.
- Self-directed and capable of working within a continuously changing environment.
- Strategic thinker with proven problem-solving skills.
- General understanding of or interest in Indigenous peoples, culture, history.
- Highly organized thinker and proactive, collaborative team member.
- Ability to multi-task, exercise initiative and prioritize work to maximize efficiency and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient with Tableau, Microsoft Power BI or other business intelligence tools.
- Exceptional capability with spreadsheet tools such as Microsoft Excel or Smartsheets.
- Experience and working knowledge of stakeholder relationship management software such as IRIS, right-of-way software such as GeoAmps, compliance assurance software such as CompliShield or other industry tools will be considered an asset.
- Experience with georeferenced data is an asset.
If Communica sounds like a great fit for you, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by October 23, 2020. We thank all applicants for taking the time to apply for this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Communica and the SIM work we do, visit communica.ca/sim-bundle.