The Position: Business Development Coordinator
Communica has an exciting opportunity based in our Calgary office for someone who has proven abilities supporting Client development activities in a fast paced, dynamic environment. As a Business Development Coordinator, you will take pride in your work, think on your feet, offer new ideas, and build strong relationships within the organization as well as with our clients. Working directly with the Client leads for both Alberta and British Columbia, the Business Development Coordinator will take a lead role in ensuring we execute on all aspects of Client Services coordination with a focus on market intelligence, tracking of external outreach efforts and support in the development of ongoing business development strategies and activities.
About the Role
As part of the Communica team, you will be called upon to support Business Development and Marketing initiatives as they relate to the planning, execution and implementation of external communication and consultation programs for some of Canada’s largest businesses. You will work collaboratively to provide advice, counsel, as well as create plans and tools to ensure our clients meet their project objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a strong understanding of Communica, our core service offerings, that enhances our approach to business pitches and credentials presentations to potential new clients.
- In collaboration with the British Columbia and Alberta offices as well as internal Marketing team, develop and maintain tools to track, monitor and evaluate opportunities resulting from marketing and business development initiatives and events, as well as report on external outreach efforts.
- Provide tactical support for British Columbia and Alberta business development proposals, strategies and activities.
- Continually assess and closely monitor activity in the market to identify new client, market and industry opportunities.
- Actively lead in the identification of prospective clients and new business opportunities.
- Where necessary, represent Communica at various industry functions, including conferences and association events.
- Coordinate and participate in internal meetings to provide updates and report on business development activities.
Given the role this individual will play in Communica’s future growth and success, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience and personal characteristics:
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of business development support experience, preferably in energy sector or related areas.
- Demonstrated ability to actively participate in the development of proposals and project plans.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project).
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities with a sustained effort to meet project deadlines and budgets.
- Proven ability to conduct market research as well as analyze and report on associated data.
- Driven and motivated individual who naturally takes responsibility for achieving results.
- Self-directed and capable of working within a continuously changing environment.
- Strategic thinker with proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Highly organized thinker with the ability to multi-task.
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work with client facing, internal teams as well as vendors.
- The ability to anticipate the needs of clients and staff and provide them information or resources appropriately.
- An ability to synthesize information/data and generate reports.
If this position interests you, please send in your résumé and cover letter by February 2, 2018.