The Position: Project Coordinator
Communica has an exciting opportunity based in our Calgary office for someone who has proven abilities in project management. As a Project Coordinator you will take pride in your work, look after details, think on your feet, offer new ideas, and build strong relationships within the organization as well as with our clients. The Project Coordinator will take the lead role in ensuring we execute at a high level on all projects with a focus on Productivity, Profitability, and Client Satisfaction.
About the Role
As part of the Communica team, you will be called upon to support our Engagement and Information Management teams as they plan, execute and implement external communication and consultation programs for some of Canada’s largest businesses. You will work collaboratively to provide advice, counsel, as well as create plans and tools to ensure our clients meet their project objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing advice, support and recommendations on project management process improvements to Communica Leadership Team.
- Support business development team in the development of proposals.
- Develop detailed work scopes for new projects with attention to objectives, feasibility and deliverables.
- Oversee and maintain quality control and consistency of project deliverables.
- Develop and manage project plans and work orders with attention to timelines and budgeting.
- Manage ongoing project documentation including meeting minutes and memos.
- In conjunction with Managers, coordinate resource availability, allocations and task delegation.
- Design detailed project plans and timelines to track progress and ensure efficiencies.
- Manage project scope, as well as change order identification and associated process.
- Track project budgets and billings and provide accurate project forecasting throughout the year.
- Organize and maintain project assets with attention to version control.
- Manage client relationships in co-operation with Managers and Senior Associates with attention to growing the account(s)
- Create and maintain other project documentation such as project requirements, customer contacts, contracts, agreements, sign-offs, etc.
- In conjunction with Managers provide project guidance and progress updates to team members who interface directly with clients.
- Occasional business travel will be required.
Given the role this individual will play in Communica’s future growth and success, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience and personal characteristics:
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience, preferably in communications or public relations.
- PMP certification would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in the development of proposals and project plans.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) Microsoft Project and/or other project management platforms.
- Experience managing organizational change.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage project budgets as well as continually updated project forecasts.
- Excellent interpersonal, mentoring, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities with a sustained effort to meet project deadlines and budgets.
- Driven and motivated individual who naturally takes responsibility for achieving results.
- Self-directed and capable of working within a continuously changing environment.
- Strategic thinker with developed problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Highly organized thinker with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong ability to see process breakdowns and offer solutions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- The ability to anticipate the needs of clients and staff and provide them information or resources appropriately.
- An ability to synthesize information/data and generate reports
- An ability to work with, support, and positively influence, challenging clients.
If this position interests you, please send in your résumé and cover letter by January 31, 2018.